Thursday 3 December 2015

3 Brush challenge

Today in class we did the 3 brush challenge. We had to pick one face chart that we had created and complete it by using only 3 makeup brushes of our choosing. I decided to go with this face chart as I thought it would be challenging and fun to attempt this.




My set up above and left shows the three brushes I chose, Kryolan flat foundation brush, Mac 217 brush and Salon Services angled brush.



This was my final look. I was happy with some parts of this and wasn't with others. I think the eyebrows and eyes turned out good but I wasn't happy with the contour or the lips. I had to contour my partner's face with a small eyeshadow brush so I found this hard and for the lips, I had to use the same brush to apply three different colours to her lips (using a spatula so there was no double dipping or cross contamination.) I think I would like to practise doing a 3 brush challenge again on a easier look but I am glad I set myself something challenging to attempt.




No comments:

Post a Comment