Monday 14 December 2015

Peer review

I really enjoyed this project and the concept behind creating modern Elizabethan makeup looks although when it came to working with my partner, I feel that this part was the most difficult throughout the project as me and my partner didn't communicate and work very well together.

For one of our first lessons about the Elizabethans, we were told to come in with three face chart ideas and talk about the designs and potentially pick one of them three for our final idea and talk to our partners about it. My partner turned up to this lesson with nothing so she just had to discuss some ideas through with me that she had. I had all three of my designs and talked them through with Phoebe and told her which one was going to be my final idea.

I feel a little bit angry about this as I worked very hard throughout this project, coming up with ideas and spending hours researching looks and creating face charts. I put a lot of time and effort in to create several ideas and then pick my final three and also write notes to explain my idea properly including howI wanted the makeup to look (if i wanted it blended/not blended etc). My partner practised my design in class and we discussed how we thought it looked, my partner was happy with what she had created and I asked if she wanted to practise again but she felt that she was happy with what she had done.

I eventually got my partner's design before the assessment and I practised her look. I feel her makeup design was quite basic and easy to complete so after the one practise I didn't feel the need to practise again. I would have liked to have done something a little more challenging but i'm happy with the look I created. After the practise, my partner asked me to change the application of the lip glitter from a brush to my finger and I took this into mind and consideration when it came to the assessment.

I'm very happy with the work that I have completed for the project and I think next time I will speak to one of my tutors if my partner doesn't come to the initial lesson with the work she was supposed to.

No comments:

Post a Comment