Monday 7 December 2015

Evaluation - as the designer

  
(final images taken by my partner, Phoebe Slee)

This was the makeup that my partner created on me for her assessment. I wanted the makeup to look very vibrant and to stand out as my lady in waiting character choice, Bess of Hardwick was known for wanting attention and to stand out. I chose the orange eyeshadow to represent gold and to show wealth. I tried to combine typical Elizabethan with contemporary by mixing the white eyebrows with a bold red lip and bright eyeshadow. I think my partner did an alright job of turning my face chart design into a real life makeup look. I said and showed on my face chart that I wanted my foundation base to be Kryolan supra colour in white which is a pure white foundation as I wanted this to look like typical Elizabethan and my partner did my foundation in a natural colour that I would wore as a normal everyday base. The other thing I didn't really think worked was the eyebrows as I can still see my natural eyebrows underneath and I don't think she covered them enough. I think the rest of the makeup worked. I enjoyed designing and coming up with ideas for my final design and I really feel like I learnt a lot, especially how to use certain makeup products and how to use certain brushes. I feel like I have become a lot more confident and I now really enjoy coming up with new ideas and creating new face charts and also applying makeup on other people. At the start of the project I found it a little bit difficult to get used to the new products and brushes and also to work on the face charts as I had never properly practised them before but with lots of practise I then found it quite easy. I really enjoyed doing the research for my project and finding inspiration to incorporate into my designs, I also found lots of new photographers/makeup artists and designers who I can look at in the future for more inspiration. I found working to the brief quite well and I enjoyed the project a lot, I found it a lot easier that my partner's makeup design was fairly easy but I would have liked something more challenging to push myself a bit further.

(face chart, designed and photographed by myself)


No comments:

Post a Comment