Monday 14 December 2015

Final Evaluation of the New Elizabethans project

At the start of this project, I was nervous and also excited. I enjoyed studying history at school and loved the idea of learning more but I was slightly nervous as I am quite new to makeup and thought I was going to struggle when it came to the application side of the course. My confidence soon began to grow the more lessons and practise I had. I really feel that makeup is more than just a passion to me, I really enjoy researching and coming up with new concepts and ideas and making that idea come to life by painting it on someone's face.

My favourite part of the project was the practical lessons, especially when we practised typical Elizabethan makeup styles and I also really enjoyed creating face charts. I had a lot of fun coming up with three final ideas for this project and I sat down one night and felt really creative and came up with a few ideas. I feel that my design was very unique and looked like a contemporary Elizabethan and included all the features of a woman from the Elizabethan Era.

The only part that let me down in this project was working with my partner as I said in my peer review that she failed to turn up with her three design ideas and I didn't receive them until not long before the assessment. Although this happened, I tried to not let it affect me or my grade as I carried on with my research and my practical lessons. I feel my partner may have been unorganised with her looks and final idea but I am happy with the final look I created and the images came out very well. For the blog, from the very start I enjoyed doing this and I found it a lot better than keeping a sketchbook, once I found myself in 'the zone', I could work on my blog for hours a day and not get bored of it and I think that's what's helped me enjoy this project more.

I think my makeup skills have improved a lot during the past few months and I have learned so many new ways of applying makeup and also how to use certain makeup brushes and products too. I am happy with the time management I set for myself throughout this project and I am happy with the amount of work done. I didn't find it hard to complete any of my assignments or homework and there was nothing I found difficult or disliked about this project. I am happy that my final design shows influence from contemporary makeup designs but also combines an Elizabethan twist into the look as well.

Overall, I have thoroughly enjoyed my first project and first term at university and I can't wait to return to start my new project and learn more.

No comments:

Post a Comment