Friday 4 December 2015

6 different poses I find inspiring

When asked to research 6 different poses that I find inspiring, the first thing that came to my mind was 'does it have to be makeup related?' I come across images everyday of celebrities, family members, friends and even strangers that I find inspiring. I like the typical model walking down a catwalk pose but I decided to make this assignment a bit more interesting.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-3180609/Model-homeless-SIX-YEARS-reveals-pose-Chanel-Vogue-day-sleep-tarp-Manhattan-roof-night.html

The first image I came across was this one above. The man in the photo is Mark Reay who is a Chanel and Vogue model. From looking at this image, you would think that he is posing for a front cover image of Vogue magazine but that is untrue, after finding an article about this model it turns out he is actually homeless. Although he is a model for very famous magazines, he found himself not being able to afford the rent in New York and sleeps on the streets. I like this image because he is standing in the middle of a public toilet in a very nice outfit and you might think he's photographing there on purpose but the true story behind it is that he probably woke up and went there to get dressed before his photo shoot. This image and story really stands out to be because this man could easily go to any other city in the world but chooses to live rough in New York purely to achieve his dreams of becoming a famous fashion model, it gives me hope to never give up on my dreams.


http://www.morrissey-solo.com/articles/02/11/23/1612238.shtml

This second image is of my favourite singer, Morrissey. To me, he is my role model and I find myself very inspired by him after taking in his footsteps and becoming a strict vegetarian almost four years ago. This image shows him holding a turkey and there is something about it that I just really like, whether it's the way he looks like he is caring about this animal or just the fact he is posing next to it, I am inspired by it.

http://pleasekillme.com/category/david-bowie-2/

David Bowie is another one of my favourite musicians. This pose of his is my favourite as I like how sassy he looks with his stripy all in one suit and his bright red knee length boots with his pose. I find him to be one of them people who doesn't care what anyone thinks of him and I like this because I am similar and he inspires me and gives me confidence to be who I want to be.

http://misspennydreadful.blogspot.co.uk/2015/11/alex-box-tweets-photo-of-her-working.html?view=classic

Recently, Alex Box posted this photo of herself working backstage whilst holding her son. She posted a paragraph with the image saying 

''I'm a full time mum and artist and on this occasion my son came with me to a shoot ,he feel asleep on my shoulder as i worked on a makeup look '......
..Ive thought long and hard about posting this picture as i never post private pictures and feel very emotional about this subject .. '....But i think as a woman in an industry that often pedals the myth that woman and men cant have 'both' a career and family life ,i think its important to have role models that say the 'real' life IS the strength and love and inspiration for ' the art/work'.....i realize im very lucky and not many people can bring there children to shoots or work and certainly couldnt just play and then do there work. I don't work that often whilst brining up my son as I said I'm blessed and lucky to be able to choose .
Work will always be there, life won't, don't miss life ...xxx"
I find this very inspiring as Alex Box is one of my favourite makeup artists of all time and I inspire to be like her in a few years time by working for one of the most famous makeup brands in the world and also working freelance for film, tv and fashion. I also find it so inspiring how she manages to balance her personal life with her work and how passionate she is about everything.
http://www.fashiongonerogue.com/charlotte-free-eric-guillemain-numero-tokyo-may-2012/

Charlotte Free is my favourite model, I remember coming across an image of her when I was around 14 and being inspired by the way she looks with her unique clothing and bright pink hair and I wanted to be like her. I really like this image as it reminds me of an Alice in Wonderland style and I like how she is looking into the mirror at herself and the photographer has captured both the real her and the mirrored version of her. I'm not quite sure why I find this image inspiring but I think it's just because I find her inspiring and this is my favourite image of her.

http://www.tudorplace.com.ar/Bios/BessofHardwick.htm

Since I started this project and I had to research Elizabethans, I found myself being really interested in history again. When I was at school this was one of my favourite subjects so I was very happy when I found out that this was our first project to complete. When I looked at all the ladies in waiting, I chose Bess of Hardwick to base my final makeup look off as I found her a very interesting character. I like how intimidating and powerful she looks and by her just sitting there with a gold chain around her neck and a long black dress on, she looks like a very wealthy and interesting person. I found it fun to research about her and find out some more and from all of her images, this is my favourite one of hers and I thought I would include her in my images that I find inspiring. 






No comments:

Post a Comment