Wednesday 25 November 2015

Gold Featured Face Makeup

          


                        
 

                     
 







I decided to look at some gold makeup on the face. When looking back at images from the Elizabethan Era, the rich people enjoyed to wear gold, whether this be earrings, gold chains, gold cups or any other accessories, they loved having it to prove their wealth. When planning my design for my makeup look, I started to think about adding gold somewhere, so I started to do some research and find some images that I could incorporate into my idea.

The first image quite of reminds me of a contemporary Elizabethan look. The eyebrows have been blocked out and the face looks pale and the colours of the eyes and lips remind me of a more modern version of the Elizabethan style makeup. The makeup artist has painted a gold design around the model's face, onto the neck and up on the hairline and slightly coming onto the cheek, making it look like a frame around the model's face.

The second image covers half the face in a diagonal line. It looks like gold foil that has been printed onto the model's face. The third image is one of my favourites, I like how the gold on her forehead and on her hairline looks quite flakey like glitter whereas the gold on her neck and ears looks more painted on. I like the idea of having gold painted onto the neck as it reminds me of a ruff that Queen Elizabeth I would have worn.

Images 4 and 5 both show gold on the eyes. The first one shows the gold being painted from the side of her nose, across her whole eye and unto her eyebrow and curving round into her hairline. She also has gold on her lips slightly and they have also added a gold ring on her finger and her fringe has golden tones in it as well. The second eye look has gold dripping down from the eyes like tears. I like this idea a lot as I think it's a good way to incorporate the gold colour and a contemporary look.

In photo 6, the makeup artist has painted the whole model's face in gold. It looks really thick like she has a lot on like someone has poured gold on her face. I like how the artist has also applied a small amount of makeup over the gold too, including a pink blush on her cheeks, some orange eyeshadow and a small amount of eyebrow product.

Image 7 really interests me, I like the effect of just using gold going around the eyes and curving round the forehead. Rather than using paint or glitter, the image shows bright gold flakes. I think this could look quite good on top of a makeup look.

The last photo shows orange shades more than gold but I still like this idea. The lips, nails and eyelids are painted gold and I think this could look really good for an Elizabethan makeup look as you could do the pale face, rosy cheeks and no eyebrows and then add orange eyeshadow to give the hint of gold to represent power and it will also look contemporary as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment