Wednesday 25 November 2015

Lip Makeup Designs



I started looking at different lip designs after practising lips in class. I looked at a range of different styles and Pop Art was the first one. This doesn't really fit in with Elizabethan makeup but I like the look of these type of lips. Maybe if you changed the purple on the first one to gold or red it might work.

                                

I came across these two images that really grabbed my attention. When I think about contemporary Elizabethan makeup, the two colours that first come to my head are black and gold. Elizabeth loved both of these colours and used to wear them proudly. I really liked this idea of having the lipstick look 'wet' and having it dripping down from the bottom lip and I think with a face base and eye makeup, this would look good.
       
 

The next thing I started to look at was accessories on the lips. The first image shows a black lip with black studs going all around the lips. I would like to test this out and see if this would look good in gold instead of black. The next image shows a glitter lip and again, I think this would look good in gold rather than silver as gold reminds me more of Queen Elizabeth.



This last image I came across is a lip makeup design based on the film The Silence of the Lambs. I picked this photo because it shows a half black and half gold lip and as I said previously, these two colours remind me of Queen Elizabeth the most and I think this look could work well.


No comments:

Post a Comment